LATEST UPDATES ON CA SYLLABUS FOR NOV 2017
ICAI released their revised scheme for CA Course for future. They have made the change in all the three levels (Foundation, Inter and Final) compared to previous ones.
All concerned are hereby informed that the Revised Scheme of Education and Training for CA course will come into effect from 1st July, 2017. Students who are eligible to register in the CPT/IIPCC/Final under the existing scheme, may register on or before 30th June, 2017. With effect from 1st July, 2017, the registration in the CPT/IIPCC/Final under the existing scheme will discontinue.
Here the new changes also effect How to become ” CA ” through foundation route or direct entry route, Name and Number of Papers in Foundation, Inter and Final syllabus from 2017 and other training details like Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS), Practical Training and Advance Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (AICITSS).
In Foundation course Paper 2 and Paper 4 will be Objective type papers and remaining are descriptive papers. ICAI didn’t remove Information Technology and Strategic Management Paper in CA IPCC Group – 2 and also ICAI didn’t remove Information Systems Control and Audit paper in CA Final. Read remaining changes as per new syllabus in CA CPT, IPCC and CA Final from 1st July 2017.
Revised Scheme: Route I – Foundation Course
Under the Foundation Course Route, the following steps are required
1. Register with Board of Studies (BoS) after appearing in Class XII till June 30/Dec 31.
2. Be eligible to appear for Foundation examination after passing Class XII examination. The first Foundation examination can be taken in November/May, as applicable, following passing of Class XII examination.
3. Qualify Foundation Course.
4. Register with the BoS for the Intermediate Course.
5. Complete 8 months of study
6. Appear and Pass in either or both Groups of Intermediate Course
7. Successfully complete Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS) before commencement of the practical training
8. Register for Three years Practical Training on passing either or both the Groups of Intermediate.
9. Register for the Final Course after qualifying both the Groups of Intermediate Course.
10. Successfully complete Four Weeks Advanced ICITSS during the last two years of Practical Training.
11. Complete Practical Training.
12. Appear in Final examination after completion of practical training and Advanced ICITSS.
13. Become Member.
Note: ICAI has decided in principle the above mentioned Scheme. However, the scheme will be notified inthe official Gazette in due course.
CA New Syllabus 2017 | Direct Entry Route
Revised Scheme: Route II – Direct Entry Route
The ICAI allows Commerce Graduates/Post-Graduates (with minimum 55% marks) or Other Graduates/Post-Graduates (with minimum 60% marks) and Intermediate level passed students of Institute of Company Secretaries of India and Institute of Cost Accountants of India to enter directly to its Intermediate Course. The following steps are required to be undertaken by the eligible Graduates and Post Graduates under this route:
1. Register with the BOS for the Intermediate course (provisional registration allowed to the students doing Final year of graduation).
2. Successfully complete Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS) before commencement of the practical training.
3. Register for Three Years Practical Training.
4. Appear in Intermediate Examination after Nine months of Practical Training.
5. Qualify Intermediate Course.
6. Register for the Final Course after qualifying both Groups of Intermediate Course.
7. Successfully complete Four Weeks Advanced ICITSS during the last two years of Practical Training.
8. Complete Practical Training.
9. Appear in Final examination after completion of practical training and Advanced ICITSS.
10. Become Member
Note: Candidates who have passed Intermediate level examination of ICSI or ICWAI and enter the CA Intermediate course directly shall be treated at par with Foundation passed students and shall have to undergo the CA course in the manner ak into the Foundation passed students.
Latest Update from ICAI President (31st August)
As you may be aware, CA profession is undergoing a rapid transformation and CA professionals are producing excellence in a variety of professional fields and spheres challenging the stereotype.
Emerging borderless economies, surge in IT development and resulting complexities, increasing emphasis on CSR, and, above all, increasing strategic importance of CA professionals as complete business solution provider, have all contributed to this transformation.
At ICAI, we are in the final stages of implementing a new scheme of education and training with an objective to prepare more competent, better equipped and more responsible generation of chartered accountants. Nelson Mandela said: Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
In line with the relevant International Education Standards of IFAC, this new course curriculum has been designed to benchmark the Indian CA education with the best in the world and make our students and future members of the CA fraternity more competent and multifarious professionals, and enablers of compliance and fiscal discipline.
CA CPT Revised Syllabus
|Paper 1||Principles and Practices of Accounting||100 Marks|
|Paper 2 (Part I)||Mercantile Laws||60 Marks|
|Paper-2 (Part-II)||General English||40 Marks|
|Paper 3||Business Mathematics Logical Reasoning and Statistics||100 Marks|
|Paper 4||Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge||100 Marks|
CA IPCC Revised New Syllabus
|Paper 1||Accounting||100 Marks|
|Paper 2||Corporate and Other Laws||100 Marks|
|Paper 3||Cost Accounting||100 Marks|
|Paper 4A||Direct Tax Laws||60 Marks|
|Paper 4B||Indirect Tax Laws||40 Marks|
|Paper 5||Advanced Accounting||100 Marks|
|Paper 6||Auditing and Assurance||100 Marks|
|Paper 7A||Financial Management||60 Marks|
|Paper 7B||Business Economic Environment||40 Marks|
|Paper 8A||Information Technology||60 Marks|
|Paper 8B||Strategic Management||40 Marks|
CA Final New Revised Syllabus
|Paper 1||Financial Reporting||100 Marks|
|Paper 2||Strategic Financial Management||100 Marks|
|Paper 3||Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics||100 Marks|
|Paper 4A||Corporate Laws||60 Marks|
|Paper 4B||Other Economic Laws||40 Marks|
|Paper 5||Advanced Management Accounting||100 Marks|
|Paper 6A||Financial Services and Capital Markets||50 Marks|
|Paper 6B||Information Systems Control and Audit||50 Marks|
|Paper 7A||Advanced Direct Tax Laws||70 Marks|
|Paper 7B||International Taxation||30 Marks|
|Paper 8B||Advanced Indirect Laws||100 Marks|
Highlights of the New Revised CA Course
- The President of ICAI, M.Devaraja Reddy, announced that the new CA Syllabus has been approved by the Corporate Affiars ministry and yet to be approved by the Law Affairs Ministry.
- Once approved, it is likely to be made applicable from November 2017 exams. Existing students under old syllabus will be chance for few attempts before being converted to the new curriculum.
- Under new syllabus, many changes were brought in all three levels i.e., CPT, IPCC and Final.
- CPT will then be for 400 marks, with two theory and two objective type papers.
- CA IPCC will have 8 subjects. Ethics and Communication part will be removed from Law Paper. Financial Management will then be moved to second group carrying 100 marks.
- CA Final will have a new subject named ‘Capital Markets’ in the Second Group, for 50 Marks sharing the paper with ISCA.
Requested to contact ICAI chapter/branches for further doubts/clarifications.
Register online for daily newsletter which will gives you most recent updates about CA CS CMA ICWA
Link: www.ca-online.in (Newsletter button is at the bottom of the website)
Also you can ask your doubts, questions, queries etc to us on our Forum: https://ca-online.in/forums/forum/welcome-to-ca-online-community/
Over Here you just need to register yourself and ask your questions to us.
CA-Online – Video Coaching Classes for CA CS CMA